Susie has been researching her family history since 1965 – in Australia, England, Ireland, Italy, Germany and France – and actively working as a genealogist since the mid-1980s. She has also worked as a historian / researcher since the early 1990s on Heritage Studies, Conservation Management Plans and Archaeological Projects throughout Victoria.
She began working in the computer industry in 1969 and has combined her computer and research skills into databases, indexes, websites, blogs and publishing.
Her studies at University of New England, NSW and Swinburne University, Victoria, have resulted in Diplomas of Local & Applied History and Library &Information Services.
· Secretary, Web and Blog master, and Honorary Life Member of the Geelong Family History Group
· Convenor of the Geelong and District Historical Association
· Secretary and Web and Blog master of the Victorian Association of Family History Organisations
· Member of the Public Record Advisory Council (Victoria)
· President, Web master, and Honorary Life Member of the Bellarine Historical Society
· Committee Member and journal editor of the Geelong Historical Society
· President of the Richmond & Burnley Historical Society
· Member of the Heritage Collections Council, Museums Australia
· Treasurer and Committee Member of Bellarine Peninsula Tourism
· Member of the Australian Computer Society
· Frances Brown Award for Excellence to Family History in Victoria, Victorian Association of Family History Organisations, 2019
· Award of Merit – in recognition of distinguished service to history in Victoria, Royal Historical Society ofVictoria, 2017
· Community History Award, Public Record Office Victoria and Royal Historical Society of Victoria, 2010
· Sir Rupert Hamer Community Archives Winners, Susie Zada and Pam Jennings for Bellarine Historical Society, 2009-2010
Susie is a presenter and host of FHDU Online events.